Just saying Hi, and I have a question...

[ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:51 pm 
Well, hey everyone. I've come over from Crysis-Online where some of you may know me as the name I have here lol! I'll post up my system spex in my sig and get an avatar as soon as I finish a map I'm working on.
I have a problem it it though: I am making an elevator and I sink halfway through it when I get on. I cant jump off it and I cant walk on it, I only glide around. I used this tutorial: (viewtopic.php?f=29&t=793&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=This+tutorial+will+show+you+how+to+make+an+elevator%2C+First+of+all%2C+chose+a+spot+for+your+elevator&start=0) which worked great, and towards the end, Terrorblast says make a comment about the same problem I have, and says he will post up something soon about it. Can anyone please post a link to the solution that he said he'd post up?

If he hasn't posted the solution, does anyone have it?

Thanks,

Abaddon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:53 pm 
Hey mate welcome to the forums. Im gona spam the crap out of terrorblasts profile now till he fixes it for you :P haha

Nah only messin ill drop him a message now if hes fixed it :)

Hope to see you around here mate.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:36 am 
Hey welcome mate!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:39 pm 
first of all : Welcome to the forum ! hope yah have a good time arround here :D ^^v

well, i totally forgot about the tutorial, haha, but ok :P

the solution is, to make a "Solid" just the right size, and up it under the lift, where you want to walk, then, hook it up, with the "Link Object" tool :D

im sorry, if you do not fully understand :P, i will post a tutorial soon here, but to be honnest, im really really tired so, maybe tommorrow, i will make a little tutorial on how to fix this :P

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:34 am 
Terrorblast said:

first of all : Welcome to the forum ! hope yah have a good time arround here :D ^^v

well, i totally forgot about the tutorial, haha, but ok :P

the solution is, to make a "Solid" just the right size, and up it under the lift, where you want to walk, then, hook it up, with the "Link Object" tool :D

im sorry, if you do not fully understand :P, i will post a tutorial soon here, but to be honnest, im really really tired so, maybe tommorrow, i will make a little tutorial on how to fix this :P

Thanks a lot you guys! Sorry I havent checked back here, I didnt get an email notification that someone replied!

Anyway, I've already tried the collision proxy by attaching it to the elevator, and a strange thing happens. When i move the elevator in the editor, the solid stays attached. But when I get into the elevator in-game, and press the button for it to go down, the solid stays stationary and I get crushed between the elevator and the solid, and die. Lol.

Thanks for the help

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:36 am 
hmm well..thats not a good thing! haha he should be posting it soon so hang in there :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:54 am 
xxxgamer said:

hmm well..thats not a good thing! haha he should be posting it soon so hang in there :)

Alright, I can wait :>

Thanks for the warm welcome you guys, I know I'm here to stay now :DD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:01 am 
Hey dude. cool to see more members here. im not on much but always like welcoming new members :)

[ 8 posts ]